The year is once again flying by (?!) and it’s May! And I think that sentiment of time slipping through my fingers is reflected in this month’s prompts.
I reflect on the questions “Where have I been?” and “Where am I going?” a lot these days. I like to look back without feeling too much shame about what I might not have accomplished. (My “should have’s.”) And then try to look forward with hope and positivity that the future can be different. (My “could’s.”)
It doesn’t always work! 😅 Sometimes I still descend into a pit of despair and accomplishing any goals seems impossible! But my journaling efforts (and life efforts, honestly) have been all about slowing down, taking a deep breath, and moving ahead as mindfully as possible. Keeping myself grounded, you know?
So far I think 2021’s journaling has been achieving that for me! And hopefully for you too.
This month you’ll see prompts that ask you to reflect back, plan ahead, and imagine the future you want. I’ve also included the weekly photo challenge I started last month because it was so much fun for me in April! If you want to see what I created, you can see that here. And I’m excited for another month of combining instant photography and my collage skills on a regular basis!
Happy journaling my friends!
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Skyline
- What makes you unique?
- How would your best friend describe you?
- What about this season of your life is most challenging?
- What have you done lately that you didn’t get to brag about?
- A few of your favorite things.
- What is your favorite family story?
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Mom
- What magic power would you like to have?
- On a scale of 1-10 my mental health is at a _____ because…
- What makes you feel accomplished?
- An important quote.
- A moment that changed you.
- A song from your childhood.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Currently Reading
- Three favorite book characters.
- What would you do if you could live one day without consequences?
- What are you working towards?
- Make a list of things you’ve worried about that never happened.
- The best day you had last week.
- Something new you learned about your significant other.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Something you wore today
- Where do you see yourself in one year?
- The first apartment you ever rented.
- Describe your dream life. Where do you live? Who is in your life?
- Draw a map – real world or imaginary.
- What 10 things are you good at?
- Who has been your biggest support in the last year?
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! In nature
- What’s one goal you have for June?
- The best thing that’s happened this month.