In my mind, April is the start of spring. It’s a time of blooming flowers, warmer days, and a feeling of rebirth. (It’s also coincidentally my birthday month!) So I fashioned this month’s prompts with that sense of renewal in mind.
I think I went a little heavy with some of the prompts the past 3 months, and while I love self-reflection, sometimes you might not want to dig TOO deep. So I tried to include more light-hearted questions and list-making for this round of prompts.
Also to celebrate my own birthday on the 16th, I’ve got a birthday memory prompt (4/15) and my personal favorite tradition: writing a letter to your future self (4/16).
Side note: I typically use FutureMe to send the letter to myself via email in the future! It’s a fun tradition to have a letter from the past come in on or around my birthday. It makes me pause and reflect on the past year.
Finally, I wanted to do something a little different than just writing this month. I’ve talked before about how much I love to create collage scrapbook-like pages using photo print outs from my Fujifilm Instax Mini Link Smartphone Printer, and I noticed in March I didn’t use it at all! (Maybe the monotonous days? Or just feeling uninspired?)
Whatever the reason, I thought it might be cool to add a weekly photo challenge into the prompt mix. Writing is fun, but let’s flex some other creative brain muscles. So each Saturday in April I have a photo challenge prompt instead of a writing prompt.
Now I want this challenge to be pretty open-ended. Do you have to take the photo that day? Nope! Is it a shot you specifically compose or just a snap of your daily life? It’s up to you!
It’s definitely a prompt geared more towards having something like a photo printer or instant camera, but don’t let that discourage you! Try saving the spot each week in your journal, taking a photo on your phone throughout the week, and then printing out all 4 at your local photo center. (You can order prints to be picked up from CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, Target, and Walmart all from your phone!)
If you’re following my 2021 prompts, remember to share what you’re writing/creating with me over on Instagram if you feel so inspired, and check out my creations on my stories!
Happy journaling my friends!
CLICK HERE for a free printable version!
- What is the funniest thing you’ve ever said/done?
- Write one goal for April.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Self-portrait
- Your life story in 5 sentences.
- Who was your first crush?
- Who were your favorite musicians when you were a teen?
- What memories do you associate with spring?
- Your biggest dream.
- What’s your Super Power?
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Flower power
- What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
- If you could only keep 10 items of clothing, what would they be?
- Write about the best day you’ve had recently.
- If you had to spend one year living alone in a remote cabin what would you spend your time doing?
- Your best birthday memory.
- Write a letter to your future self.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Makes me happy
- What’s your most memorable/incredible/scary dream?
- Make a list of all your hobbies.
- Make a list of things that you give yourself a hard time about.
- What do you complain about most?
- What are you reading currently?
- If you had a talk show, who would your first guest be to interview?
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! The view from here
- What is something you’re looking forward to?
- What do you wish people would ask you?
- What’s something you disagree with about the way you were raised?
- If you owned a boat what name would you choose for it?
- What conversation are you hesitant to have?
- Pick a color that best matches your personality? What color did you pick and why?