In my mind, April is the start of spring. It’s a time of blooming flowers, warmer days, and a feeling of rebirth. (It’s also coincidentally my birthday month!) So I fashioned this month’s prompts with that sense of renewal in mind.
I think I went a little heavy with some of the prompts the past 3 months, and while I love self-reflection, sometimes you might not want to dig TOO deep. So I tried to include more light-hearted questions and list-making for this round of prompts.
Also to celebrate my own birthday on the 16th, I’ve got a birthday memory prompt (4/15) and my personal favorite tradition: writing a letter to your future self (4/16).
Side note: I typically use FutureMe to send the letter to myself via email in the future! It’s a fun tradition to have a letter from the past come in on or around my birthday. It makes me pause and reflect on the past year.
Finally, I wanted to do something a little different than just writing this month. I’ve talked before about how much I love to create collage scrapbook-like pages using photo print outs from my Fujifilm Instax Mini Link Smartphone Printer, and I noticed in March I didn’t use it at all! (Maybe the monotonous days? Or just feeling uninspired?)
Whatever the reason, I thought it might be cool to add a weekly photo challenge into the prompt mix. Writing is fun, but let’s flex some other creative brain muscles. So each Saturday in April I have a photo challenge prompt instead of a writing prompt.
Now I want this challenge to be pretty open-ended. Do you have to take the photo that day? Nope! Is it a shot you specifically compose or just a snap of your daily life? It’s up to you!
It’s definitely a prompt geared more towards having something like a photo printer or instant camera, but don’t let that discourage you! Try saving the spot each week in your journal, taking a photo on your phone throughout the week, and then printing out all 4 at your local photo center. (You can order prints to be picked up from CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, Target, and Walmart all from your phone!)
Happy journaling my friends!
CLICK HERE for a free printable version!
- What is the funniest thing you’ve ever said/done?
- Write one goal for April.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Self-portrait
- Your life story in 5 sentences.
- Who was your first crush?
- Who were your favorite musicians when you were a teen?
- What memories do you associate with spring?
- Your biggest dream.
- What’s your Super Power?
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Flower power
- What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
- If you could only keep 10 items of clothing, what would they be?
- Write about the best day you’ve had recently.
- If you had to spend one year living alone in a remote cabin what would you spend your time doing?
- Your best birthday memory.
- Write a letter to your future self.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! Makes me happy
- What’s your most memorable/incredible/scary dream?
- Make a list of all your hobbies.
- Make a list of things that you give yourself a hard time about.
- What do you complain about most?
- What are you reading currently?
- If you had a talk show, who would your first guest be to interview?
- PHOTO CHALLENGE! The view from here
- What is something you’re looking forward to?
- What do you wish people would ask you?
- What’s something you disagree with about the way you were raised?
- If you owned a boat what name would you choose for it?
- What conversation are you hesitant to have?
- Pick a color that best matches your personality? What color did you pick and why?